Phone applications for CQB

Moderator: jimothy_183

Jack
Law Enforcment

Phone applications for CQB

Post by Jack » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:56 pm

Hey I have one of those new fancy phones and have been downloading a lot of apps. There is some really cool tactical stuff you can put on your phone. The ones that I have that most relate to CQB are:

1. VIDEO RECORDER: Used for surveillance and can be forwarded to other people with phones.

2. CAMERA: Pretty much the same as the video recorder. Can be used to take a photo of the caulk board or the white board in the briefing room to help remember every bodies positions and radio numbers. The CP can also It can also forward photographs of charts, pictures, and so forth to you while you are in the field.

3. WEATHER CHANNEL: Great for tactical planning, or just checking the weather if things start to look bad.

4. VOICE RECORDER: Great for taking notes. Anything from noting what somebody looked like, to documenting lessons learned.

5. COMPASS: Obvious uses.

6. TWO WAY RADIO: Obviously to communicate with other members of your unit.

7. TEXT MESSAGES: Silent communication. Might have some uses.

8. WHITE BOARD: I have an app that is a white board. You could use it to draw a sketch, or write down a license plate in a hurry.

9. GOOGLE EARTH: Obvious uses.

10. FIRST AID APP: I have an app that is basically a first aid book on my phone. If I am getting ready to go on a cold weather op I can get a quick refresher on what I'm suppose to look for and do if my team members or I start to suffer from hypothermia.

11. INTERNET: Obvious uses, but could be used to google "how to shut locate the water shut off valve on a house" for instance. Or any number of things.

12. SPY CAM: Just like a camera but doesn't click loud or even light up the scene at all. Great for taking photographs at night.

13. GPS: Great for programing in routes to hospitals.

14. FLASH LIGHT: It doesn't put out a lot of light but it works in a pinch if I had to go through a back pack or something.

15. POLICE SCANNER: Might be useful for something.

16. DISTRACTION DEVICE: Yes it can be used as a distraction device. One example. You are clearing a house and find yourself with one last room to clear. You can set the alarm and then place the phone inside of a room that you have already cleared that shares an adjacent wall with the one you have left to clear. Make sure the phone is set away from your entry point. If the bad guy in the room and focused on the door, he will most likely turn away when he hears the phone ringing to his left or right(from the adjacent room) giving you a window of opportunity to make entry. Not as good as a NFDD but it still might work.

17. PHONE: Let us not forget this brilliant function. Radios are great, but they often stop working at the most inconvenient times. It never hurts to have another form of communication.
Last edited by Jack on Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:27 am

semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus

Jack
Law Enforcment

Post by Jack » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:08 am

If you guys know of an app that can be used tactically, let me know.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:30 am

Ballistic FTE.
It is a sniper app
http://CQB-Team.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/CQBteam
Tactical education and motivation.training info for the soldier that wish to learn the art of CQB.

badger

Re: Phone applications for CQB

Post by badger » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:56 pm

Thnks for White Board app tip... its great tool.

Dramatikk

Post by Dramatikk » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:43 am

How about a mirror application? ... This could be used for clearing corners, and for clearing staircase landings. :roll:

Kind regards, Dramatikk. :)

Jack
Law Enforcment

Post by Jack » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:45 pm

I like the way you think. I'll have to try that out.

badger

Post by badger » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Very nice tool for tac commander on the scene, unfortunately for me its from iTunes... Police tactical table http://iphone.podnova.com/software/979432.htm
Do you know about similar android app?

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:37 am

CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Return to “CQB General Discussions ”