About Training

Moderator: jimothy_183

kontrafakt

About Training

Post by kontrafakt » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:48 pm

Well, guys I need some drills to perform and train for cqb... I`m an airsoft player. Here I learned a lot of tactics but I need so.th for example how to make my shooting more accurate and fast from corners... I have mp5 a4- a perfect CQB weapon. I have in mind some drills.. for example making 20 push ups than grab the weapon as fast as I can shoot the targets, move forward make another 20 and shoot the another targets and so long.

well any advice will be good

thanks for the attention,

ko

Jack
Law Enforcment

Post by Jack » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:23 am

I'm not against incorporating push ups into your drills. In fact I have done this in the past. While getting the blood pumping is important, it doesn't induce the fear and stress that is involved in CQB battles.

Try running your drill for time and then have a buddy do the same thing. No misses allowed. If you miss it is an automatic loss.

The person with the best time and with no misses, gets to shoot the other guy in the back with an airsoft round.

Now you are inducing some stress.

jcheng14
Civilian

Post by jcheng14 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:54 pm

One of our speed and accuracy drills goes like this. Take your replica. Unload the mag. Place 1 bb in the mag.

Now with AEG, place your replica on safe, and put it on the ground with the mag next to it. Your friend will do the same 15 feet away.

with gas, you need not place your replica on safe, as you would have to pull the charging handle or rack the slide.

On some signal, both of you try to put the mag in the gun, switch to semi fire or charge the weapon, and fire. You try to hit the other person before they hit you. You may at most move 2 steps. Now, accuracy and speed are both involved. If you are much faster then them but miss, they can take all the time in the world to line up their shot on you. You must be fast, and on target to hit your opponent before they can hit you.

Shooting from corners is an extremely good skill to have. I suggest setting yourself up at a corner, and having a friend place a soda can somewhere around the corner. You have to pop the corner and shoot the can as quickly as possible, using 1 round at a time only. I used to do this all the time, and i was able to play very competitively. However I dont train this as much and my snap shooting from corners has suffered.

geryban

Post by geryban » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:14 pm

when we teach cqb basics, we started one hand shooting drills, this is the phisical training too... shooting on the move with one hand :. your arms will be shaking i guaranteed. next: team moving, and communications, always contact. have to check the good firearm positions(low-low ready, sul, ready positions...your arms, your legs...) in the corners, and when team members covering each others with crossfire. we use the Slice the pie with our modifications...
Last edited by geryban on Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nightwolf
Contractor

Post by Nightwolf » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Garyban,

Do you train the CQB with US SF or HUN SWAT? What changed from 2005 /I left the 88th QRF in that year/ at the army cqb training methods?
Drink coffee!-Do crazy things faster!

geryban

Post by geryban » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:35 am

I think, no any big changes in training methods... we trained that with USSF, former UKSBS members, austrian SRT , hun SWAT (we have a tacrapp trainer from Neutron Countterr. team now for example) but i think soldiers cant became well trained in a 3day course cqb training, or in a 2days mout drill, where have no money for the fast rope for example. leaders dont understand that: soldiers will better than the realy good trainings, not by the "hot sexy gucci" weapons (specops got spec M4s, MP5s, and "i dont know what" stuffs like these)
WORK HARD, PLAY HARD!

Return to “CQB General Discussions ”