Drone Grenades - the new CQB threat

Moderator: jimothy_183

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryan

Drone Grenades - the new CQB threat

Post by Ryan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:14 am

CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Ryan

Re: Drone Grenades - the new CQB threat

Post by Ryan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:04 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... mb-9924755

A similar example. Instead of from the sky, it's from below your feet. Poor dogs.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

tacticalguy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by tacticalguy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:35 am

Scary, scary **it, right there.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Breacher01
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Breacher01 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:04 pm

Its poor mans artillery. Low cost but most likely low impact.

With most drones the payload is severely limited, like the flight time and control distance. When civilian market drones get out of sight they should lose contact. Its not that easy for just anyone to program a drone controller over a well placed repeater.

I think this use of drones get really scary when its used on unsuspecting civilians, as in a terrorist attack. The drone operator can be long gone after comitting his attack, and leave little evidence. In Europe policy makers are preparing for the first drone strike like this, its a matter of time we think.

I dindn't watch the dogs, I like dogs. I do remember the Russians trained anti-tank dogs in WII, but the dogs were trained to look for food under Russian tanks, so that didn't work as well as they expected. I'd like ISIS to leave them dogs alone and continue suicide bombing. Poor animals...

Return to “CQB General Discussions ”