Distancing Example

Moderator: jimothy_183

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryan

Distancing Example

Post by Ryan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:38 am

I've talked about keeping distance before but here's a perfect example:
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a70_1498166129
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Breacher01
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Distancing Example

Post by Breacher01 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:54 am

Its not. Its a gunfire inside a 'phonebooth'.

What distance? in the video the officers first almost stumble over the suspect, then they back away in a reflex, not a tactically advantagious separation. The video's you posted in your recent posts don't really show how it should be done, and your comments about then seem rushed and uniformed. No offence ofcourse.

I could sum up numerous tactical flaws in this video, but i wasn't present and have no knowledge about the intel the responding officers had. but i will keep it to a minimum.

- First off the officers had no need to enter the residence, because the occupants were safely outside and the suspect was contained to an empty residence.
- Secondly they could have taken a moment to hear out the victim while covering the door, and discover only the suspect was inside and possibly what he could armed with and his possible/likely location inside.
- Finally they should have actively vocally have engaged the suspect with a line like "Armed police, make yourself known" and repeat that.

In my country this entry goes against all standard police practice, and the family of the suspect could criminaly sue the officers.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:28 am

They pull back and keep the suspect at a distance instead of getting into a clusterfuck position. The entry wasn't good but they pulled back into a better position as soon as they could. I thought it was a good video in regards to distancing (not in regards to LE issues). They encountered the threat, first guy pulled back, triangulation of fire, distance between threat and officer. That's not bad at all. I agree that they should have distanced themselves and got into a better position for entry, but I think they made up for it.

I wasn't trying to show how it should be done, I was just linking a video where I found the people in the video applying something we have previously discussed on this forum. If that comes across as uninformed and rushed, that's not the objective. The objective is to continue the discussion and get more people actively involved on here. I think, for example, that you should start a thread on LE vs MIL CQB or restrictions/limitations for LE in CQB. A lot of your recent posts fit that discussion and it goes over my head.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Breacher01
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Breacher01 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:20 pm

In my opinion its 2 deputy's making the best of a wrong decision(entering without back-up or immidiate threat).

About "LE vs MIL CQB or restrictions/limitations for LE in CQB", I've never been a real LE, my current possition places me in a mixed team with Defense and Police operators. We serve a combined role, thats why my unit is loosely translated "Special intervention service South". We mainly do police jobs, but Counter-terrorism(security mainly) and in a rare circumstance military missions take place, but we do 99% on domestic soil, and we haven't had an opposing force on our soil since 1945.

After the Afghan debacle I haven't exchanged fire with enemy combatants according to UN rules fortunately.

Military cbq vs LE cqb is very hard to compare, because the objective's, theatre's, threats, capabilities and ROE are completely different. clearing a building is the same, but if you spot opposition in a building in a military operation you can call the mud-movers(fast-air). In a residential area(as LEO) you have to do with very limited offensive capabilities.

Its not really comparable at all.

Return to “CQB General Discussions ”