Footwork and Takeoff

Moderator: jimothy_183

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryan

Footwork and Takeoff

Post by Ryan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:30 pm

"When being taught how to correctly room clear, and feel free to try this in your home for instance. When you're the first person to enter, you clear the wall over your , in this case left shoulder. When that person enters, he should have his foot furthest from the door as the lead foot, in a standing position. So, when you make that tight right angle into the doorway you will only take one pivot step in the direction of your objective. You're #2 has to be quick because ,even if you see someone in a far corner, you're not supposed to engage them before you clear your sector. Alot of training and trust goes into the process. "

Is this how you were taught footwork of your typical immediate entry?
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Alfa47
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Footwork and Takeoff

Post by Alfa47 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:47 pm

Here.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:23 am

Yes great video.

"I see a door,
I don't see hinges,
Door opens in,
Click to fire,
Check the door,
Door's unlocked,
Wait for the signal.

Open the door,
Outside foot comes in,
Clear my initial corner,
Inside foot comes to four inches off the wall,
Start my initial sweep moving to six feet off the door,
I see a target,'
It's a threat
Engage engage,
Finish my primary sweep,
Foot away from the other guy's barrel,
Secondary sweep to the corner of the room,
Middle of the room,
Click to Safe,
Clear!"

This is good. It keeps a ricochet lane off the wall. It can allow the outside foot to doorjamb takeoff if needed.

"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Alfa47
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Alfa47 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:26 am

Ryan wrote:This is good. It keeps a ricochet lane off the wall. It can allow the outside foot to doorjamb takeoff if needed.
Guess the DEVGRU guys know their shit lol.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:17 pm

Alfa47 wrote:
Ryan wrote:This is good. It keeps a ricochet lane off the wall. It can allow the outside foot to doorjamb takeoff if needed.
:lol: I meant just to explain it for anyone else to read. The positions helps with a lot of things, including that. Including getting your weapon into the hardcorner faster in primary sweep, etc, etc. Positioning and axis. Footwork is key. I'm sure they know their shit far more than dickhead here exactly. :lol:

Alfa47

Post by Alfa47 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:20 pm

Ryan wrote:Footwork is key. I'm sure they know their shit far more than dickhead here exactly.
I agree :lol:
Footwork is critical, just like in hand to hand combat.

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:46 pm

Alfa47 wrote:
Yes, they do. HS/LD.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

crey

Post by crey » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:14 am

I new to this site and wanted to ask a question? When you make entry into a room does anyone here train to use the door frame to push of when you button hook?

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:14 am

crey wrote:I new to this site and wanted to ask a question? When you make entry into a room does anyone here train to use the door frame to push of when you button hook?
Some people do. I have heard it named as a doorjamb take-off. We have an old thread on it somewhere.

Welcome by the way.

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:01 am

In an average week I get to clear between 12 and 20 buildings. Residences, drug labs or pot farms and public buildings with a terrorist/bomb threat. I am positive nobody on my team thinks of footwork or the possibilities of using a door frame when entering and clearing any structure.

Regardless we are known as one of Europe's most professional units in our field, and have an above average/high success rate(when nobody one dies incl. suspects).

I may have been doing this too long, but the only time I'm aware of my every move is during training with an instructor watching.

Return to “CQB General Discussions ”