Tactical Butterfly Effect

Moderator: jimothy_183

Tactical Butterfly Effect

Post by Ryan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:02 am

The Butterfly Effect - small causes can have large effects.

Let us put this into a tactical frame.

A flaw in tactical foundation can result in inferior tactics and tactical community misunderstanding further down the line.

CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Re: Tactical Butterfly Effect

Post by Breacher01 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:49 pm

- I know doorways are no place to stay in any longer then is necessary.
- Entering a room isn't causing "a fatal funnel" its always there. When anyone is booby trapping a building they most likely target doorways are most likely used by anyone human to get in.
- The only entry methods likely be used which are not doorways or windows are normally reserved for insects and rodents. Entry through a wall is very different in area's where building materials are used, and the type of violence that's acceptable to complete an objective.

To shorten my argument: the butterfly effect may be caused by the tactics used in an deployment, but its true a small error may cause great effect on the outcome of a deployment.

I don't think any team familiar with, and competent in their field need to suffer any kind of butterfly effect, meaning an fatal escalation of a small detail. With experience comes the ability to detect faults, and correct them timely, before they get out of hand.

If you can be more specific I'll reply more specific.

Regards, Keep safe

Return to “CQB General Discussions ”