Moderator: jimothy_183

Ryan

Rhizome Manoeuvre

Post by Ryan » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:32 am

Can someone clearly explain this?
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Ryan

Re: Rhizome Manoeuvre

Post by Ryan » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:26 am

Found in The ISIS Solution:

"In botany, rhizomes are underground stems of a plant with roots that extend from its core. Deleuze and Guattari explain concepts outside of a strict linear definition that reflected botany’s rhizomes: “As a model for culture, the rhizome resists the organizational structure of the root-tree system which charts causality along chronological lines and looks for the original source of “things” and looks towards the pinnacle or conclusion of those “things.” A rhizome, on the other hand, is characterized by “ceaselessly established connections between semiotic chains, organizations of power, and circumstances relative to the arts, sciences, and social struggles.”

ISIL’s leadership respects and notes its origins (particularly via its propaganda) but is less concerned with history than with the inputs and outputs of its current existence. It is a nonlinear organization that has a degree of centrality derived from function and sociocultural discrimination as related to Islam, nationality, and experience within the Salafist community. However, this is not the sum of its parts. Despite ISIS’s structured top-tier leadership, its holistic structure is very nonlinear, lending itself to the nature of mutualism that is characteristic of rhizomatic entities. The organization seeks agility and fluidity, and integrates and separates people and qualities based on their utility in relation to organizational growth. In the future, were the organization to diminish in size, it would simply adopt a different format. Much like the origins of ISIL are in Jama’at al-Tawhid and AQI, ISIL will continue to attempt to survive and grow."

Murphy, Jack; Webb, Brandon; Nealen, Peter (2014-11-18). The ISIS Solution: How Unconventional Thinking and Special Operations Can Eliminate Radical Islam (SOFREP) (Kindle Locations 510-523). St. Martin's Press. Kindle Edition.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:29 pm

With NATO and the Russian Federation added to the enemies of ISIS I suspect they will be exterminated at some point. Fact is they have already lost more than 1/3s of their controlled regions. And Russia as well as NATO troops are bombing them, they seem to have their hands full.

If only bombing doesn't get the required result i think ground forces are viable a possibility.

When this objective fails I have thought about traveling over, and do my part, because unwilling child marriages, rape, slaves etc. are the very things I'm personally against. I have the feeling I can do damage to this organization. But only when all else fails...
"ISIL will continue to attempt to survive and grow."
It is declining in grounds occupied, and many westerners are devoted to see IS/ISIS/ISAL/whatever being destroyed. Including me.
Their laws and thinking are offensive to my world views. If need be I will try to put my training and skills to use trying to destroy them. That's a personal opinion and enterprise.

Slavery, rape etc. are not to be reintegrated into history, we came to far.

Alfa47

Post by Alfa47 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:38 pm

Breacher01 wrote:If only bombing doesn't get the required result i think ground forces are viable a possibility.
Russian ground forces are operating in Syria. They didn't invade with their whole military, but they have quite a lot of infantry there. Remember Palmyra? The rumor is that they want to assault another city.

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:03 pm

I wasn't aware of Putin had boots on the ground in significant numbers. do you maybe have a source?

I found this dating may of '16, but its not really a reliable source:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/09/middl ... ary-syria/

Return to “CQB General Discussions ”