What is a blocker?

Moderator: jimothy_183

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryan

What is a blocker?

Post by Ryan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:14 am

People on videos call "blocker" or "got blocker". It tends to be in tight areas and I denominated it may be someone who is blocking the path for another.
The context of where I got it from was an airsoft video posted below where #1 and #2 are both covering left and right doorways in a single narrow hallway while #3 couldn't get past.

So it could be someone blocking the path and preventing you moving (or blocking a possible route of enemy advance on purpose) but as Jimothy chipped in it could also be someone calling for an assistant to stand in that position and cover the area (as opposed to shouting 'covering'). Does anyone know what it means?

16:40. "Door right, going to need blockers" suggests a member blocks off that door or route of advance.

None airsoft/infantry I've used to the term used by helicopter pilots working together. One helicopter "blocks" that is orbits and covers a threat, virtually overwatching in an air element fashion. I suppose therefore in this sense it would be holding down an area, "locking it down". But if that is used to differentiate lead and trail then I do not know.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Dramaticus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What is a blocker?

Post by Dramaticus » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:16 pm

Ryan wrote:People on videos call "blocker" or "got blocker". It tends to be in tight areas and I denominated it may be someone who is blocking the path for another.
The context of where I got it from was an airsoft video posted below where #1 and #2 are both covering left and right doorways in a single narrow hallway while #3 couldn't get past.

So it could be someone blocking the path and preventing you moving (or blocking a possible route of enemy advance on purpose) but as Jimothy chipped in it could also be someone calling for an assistant to stand in that position and cover the area (as opposed to shouting 'covering'). Does anyone know what it means?
From my understanding of the video, the "blocker" is the same as "cover man" ... The "blocker" in the video is covering the "immediate danger area".
Formerly known as, Dramatikk.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:32 am

This could be related to 'plating' in this thread: http://www.cqb-team.com/cqbforum/viewto ... f=2&t=2404.

"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:48 am

Dramaticus wrote:
Ryan wrote:People on videos call "blocker" or "got blocker". It tends to be in tight areas and I denominated it may be someone who is blocking the path for another.

From my understanding of the video, the "blocker" is the same as "cover man" ... The "blocker" in the video is covering the "immediate danger area".
Someone I talked to agrees, "In context, blocking is when you are need to cover another room, hallway, etc, that you aren't yet able to clear while the main team clears rooms before that, thus not leaving your ass bare and hanging in the wind. You block the enemy from the rest of the team." It sounds like a 'turn-off' on a hallway. Similar.

Does anyone know what a doorguard and a backguard are? Assume door is on the door, back is on rear security.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:19 am

A friend sent me this:
Blocker is to cover the opening or long angle.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “CQB General Discussions ”