Post by Dramatikk » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:27 pm

david hamilton wrote:I need ideas for definitions for the following terms:
Hall Boss
Strong Wall
Primary Search
Secondary Search

Thanks,
Hamilton
Hall Boss: The team leader(TL.) or squad leader(SQDL.) that is organizing the movement of the team or squad ... See this thread and page 196 in this manual.

Strong Wall: Read this manual from page 14 and following.

Primary Search: Dominate the room --> Eliminate the threats --> Control your personnel (communicate with each other)

Secondary Search: Search behind doors, furniture or any other places where people can hide (one man covering and another one searching the "oddity") --> Search the living, injured and the dead (one covering the room, one covering the potential threat and another one searching the potential threat) --> Report back to command --> Evacuate personnel and equipment.

Info on primary/secondary search: Look at page 2 and the following in this manual. Read the section about room clearing in this article too. I would also refer to this article from the CQB-team's tactical trainer section.

What about you, Hamilton, can you write down your own definitions on these terms? :wink:

Kind regards, Dramatikk. :)

david hamilton

Re: Definitions

Post by david hamilton » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:52 pm

This is what I have so far, I am just looking for more detail.

Thanks for your heip.

Strong Wall - A tactical formation similar to a line formation used by riot control squads. Strong Wall are utilized when there is a wide spread area with multiple threats and danger areas. This technique should always be used in conjunction with a Hall Boss.

Hall Boss – A tactical squad member (STAR) usually a team leader, will be assigned in mission planning or designated in an area where the team faces multiple threats. The Hall Boss is an element leader that ensures tactical objectives are met.

Preliminary Search – An initial area search for subjects or other specified objectives as outlined in mission planning. A preliminary search will include all hides (ex. Furniture) and doors (ex. Closets and adjoining rooms).

Secondary Search – After the preliminary search of an specified area, tactical squad members (STAR) will conduct specialized searches of ceiling, walls, chases and floors using mirrors, cameras and / or other designated equipment.

Return to “CQB General Discussions ”