Research Studies and CQB

Moderator: jimothy_183

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryan

Research Studies and CQB

Post by Ryan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:23 am

Hey all, long time.

A friend of mine has recently worked with multiple SOF teams around the world at a multiday international counter-terrorism event. He has recorded a bunch of data (in fairly limited scientific way i.e. non-strict measurements, low control of variables). That data is creating a picture and he wants to make something of it.

Question: does anybody know any good research institutes, academics or facilities that could help adopt such a research study?

We are currently contacting the University of Texas, as their Criminal Justice department has done prior studies on limited penetration techniques and shooting accuracy in room clearing. We're trying to contact academics who are interests or who could use the data (in a preliminary way) to pose future studies and suggest research grants into room entry studies for LE/MIL/Mercs/Security Guards etc.

We believe that controlled experimental studies could provide some evidence to the LP vs IE argument.

Ryan.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

jimothy_183
Military
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Research Studies and CQB

Post by jimothy_183 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:17 am

Sorry, can't add much to this thread but I'm also interested in seeing how this turns out as I think this will benefit tactics R&D.
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “CQB General Discussions ”