Skateboards, Segways, Individual Mobility Vehicles

Moderator: jimothy_183

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryan

Skateboards, Segways, Individual Mobility Vehicles

Post by Ryan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:54 am

"In the 80s-90s we knew the next war was gonna have a megacity. So they started running wargames and figuring out equipment thinking the next war might be Fulda, or Tokyo. They did crazy camo, skateboards, BMX bikes, knee pads, tons of stuff. Most of it didn't stay, but the kneepads and tomahawks did."

"I think the idea was they could move from place to place. They'd ditch the boards once fighting started. You could use them to crawl I guess, scoot around under windows."

"It was for peacetime moving around on base primarily, and maybe initial rush towards combat. If it's in peacetime, you do what you can. We have like fast electric boards to cruise to your post."

CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

tacticalguy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Skateboards, Segways, Individual Mobility Vehicles

Post by tacticalguy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:52 pm

I remember when they introduced the tomahawks, lol.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “CQB General Discussions ”