CQB - Opposed vs Unopposed?

Moderator: jimothy_183

Ryan

CQB - Opposed vs Unopposed?

Post by Ryan » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:54 pm

Opposed - you meet resistance. This may occur at any point in both breaching, entry and thereafter.

Unopposed - no resistance is met. The contact may be compliant with entry team verbiage.

In other words resistance vs compliance.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

JTK

Re: CQB - Opposed vs Unopposed?

Post by JTK » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:32 am

Unopposed- Bad Intel...you hit the wrong house. Lol

Breacher01

Re: CQB - Opposed vs Unopposed?

Post by Breacher01 » Sun May 07, 2017 8:05 pm

Opposed- can occur at any given moment in you life, but is more likely if you have to deal with opposition in your work.

Unopposed- Is hopefully most of your life, but doesn't harm you at work. It becomes dangerous when an unopposed intervention takes up time you may have spent at a real problem. for example:

Here in Western Europe we used to bring unattended luggage to the lost and found department if no one around claimed an item. Since the terrorist threat became slightly more realistic. Now we evacuate entire train stations, building and mayor airports. With massive economic damage, but still everyone is safe.

However...

Its ridiculous if you think the chance of getting injured or dying from terrorism in my country is larger then a shark attack, even considering the recent MH-17 victims.

The pun is that we have no sharks over here that attack humans. Meaning you'll have to fly to another continent, which is way more dangerous then sharks or terrorism, where the cab ride to your hotel is way more dangerous then flying there.

I'll take unopposed over opposed every time if I had the choice, but I have to do my work. Even then you are never sure you are unopposed.

Return to “CQB General Discussions ”