Do you have permission to post books in the online reading

If you have any questions on material found on the site post them here.

Moderator: jimothy_183

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Raptors
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Do you have permission to post books in the online reading

Post by Raptors » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:52 am

Hi, I was looking at your site cqb-team.com and found the online reading section which allows you to read the Ranger Handbook, Swat Manual, Navy Seal Combat Boarding Manual and a few others. But, I noticed that some of them have a copyright, so I'm wondering if you received permission from the authors to post those books on your site.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:52 am

Hi Raptors

thanks for asking a very valid question.

The online reading sektion are scripts placed on CQB-Team from the site: www.scribd.com
If there are some legal issues the authur will ask scribd to get it removed and it will automatically disappear from cqb-team.

On a personal note i think that it is a good way to promote your book. I got some of the books my self after reading them online, otherwise i would newer have found them.

and please poste your profile in WHO ARE YOU!
http://CQB-Team.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/CQBteam
Tactical education and motivation.training info for the soldier that wish to learn the art of CQB.

Dramatikk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Do you have permission to post books in the online read

Post by Dramatikk » Mon May 16, 2011 12:51 pm

Raptors wrote:Hi, I was looking at your site cqb-team.com and found the online reading section which allows you to read the Ranger Handbook, Swat Manual, Navy Seal Combat Boarding Manual and a few others. But, I noticed that some of them have a copyright, so I'm wondering if you received permission from the authors to post those books on your site.
Good question, Raptors. :wink:

The first key words that comes to my mind conserning this matter is:

Defamation of Copyrights, legal interest, quotations, education/teaching, the "fair-use" doctrine, assisted sharing of copyright protected material, the Berne Convention for the protection of literary and artistic works by 1886 & the TRIPS – agreement (appendix of the WTO - agreement). The Napster case, the Pirate Bay case, the Google case, Betamax case and the Battlenet case.

Long story short, because of the educational purposes this webpage promotes, I believe the CQB-TEAM can rest easy. :P

Kind regards, Dramatikk. :)

Return to “Questions about CQB-TEAM”