New entry technique

Forum to discuss CQB entry tactics / room clearing, with other registered users.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Admin
Site Admin

New entry technique

Post by Admin » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:01 am

Do you have the knowledge of an entry technique there isn’t described on CQB-Team.com?
Explain it in details and add diagrams, pictures and even films! We might ad it to the tactical trainer
Last edited by Admin on Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jimothy_183
Military
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by jimothy_183 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:35 am

There needs to be an explanation on stealth and dynamic modes of CQB. It's something I don't want to spend too much time here talking about and I'm sure the admin knows what it is and will add it on the tactical trainer sooner or later. :wink:

And don't forget about adding different types of gun fighting stances like weaver and isosceles for pistol fighting. Also there is a new gun fighting SYSTEM called the "Center axis relock" (C.A.R) of which info can be found here http://www.sabretactical.com/CAR/car.html and here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_Axis_Relock. But the C.A.R is something that the admin may not know because the system is not very wide spread.

Jack
Law Enforcment
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Jack » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:10 pm

Stealth and Dynamic. Absolutly. I like that you are thinking about the big picture and not just the individual search. Good work on everything you guys have put together so far. There is a lot more out there to consider. One thing I will through out there is a methodical search.

This is more often what a stealth search turns out to be. This is the type of search you do slow. You pie corners, call people out of rooms before you enter and possibly use sheilds. You communicate by voice comands between operators, and possibly use mirrors. You are not using stealth and you are not going dynamic.

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:17 pm

Thanks Jake, you just reminded me of systematic room clearing (I think thats what it's called :?: :? ) and precision room clearing. :wink:

I'm not sure but I believe the difference between the two is that systematic is when you have to clear all the rooms in the building in a logical order while precision involves clearing only the rooms where you know are important. I think the general idea of precision room clearing is getting from point A to point B as quickly as you can, but I'm not sure. And for precision to work I think you need to have intel on the exact layout of the building and where everyone in that building is.

Jack
Law Enforcment

Post by Jack » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:40 am

Good points. A systematic search might be a better term than methodical. I think Precision room clearing means that you go into the room and sort out the good guys from the bag guys, instead of just throwing in a handgernade. Going deep into the house to where you know the threat is hiding, is very important in hostage resucue. This may be stealth or dynamic. These entries are not for your adverage team.

jcheng14
Civilian

Post by jcheng14 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:35 pm

One of the newer innovations / theories is a combination of stealth and dynamic. A weakness of dynamic entries is that a building must be cleared rapidly because once the initial entry is made the element of surprise is lost. The new theory that is starting to become adopted is being called by various names. My team calls it stealth to contact, Blackwater refers to it as subdued entry.

Stealth is used in the initial entry and to penetrate as deeply into the house as possible, once contact is made the team switches to dynamic mode to quickly control the rest of the area / building / room.

This ensures that should subjects be in a room far from the entry point, surprise is not lost in the dynamic entry. One weakness is that tools are not used to gain / increase the element of surprise. Surprise must be achieved by moving into place without detection. Another is that the team must cue off the lead. It is much less "set piece" and more fluid which is good if your team can handle it, but otherwise complicated = bad.

Jack
Law Enforcment

Post by Jack » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:46 am

Good advice. If stealth can be achieved, this is a great tactic. It takes a team leader, or a commander who has trained with the team to know if this is possible or not. I think that this technique is ideal in a lot of situations. If it works. But there are problems with it. The down side is if they have video surveillance, they look out the window or happen to hear something, then you have lost your edge. Because they know you are their. You don't know they know, and they have time because you are moving slowly to avoid making noise. If you just go Dynamic, they may be in shock and not have time to recover. I think that you have to be good at both methods and pick the one that works best at the moment. Good post.

jcheng14
Civilian

Post by jcheng14 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:13 am

I'd say it works better for a police operation then a military one. Police entry squads generally have so many advantages when compared to the military.

Generally they know the floor plan, and have blueprints. Additionally, microphones, cameras, and thermal imagers play a huge role in helping to pin-point movement patterns, locations, and numbers.

All of this makes for quite a stacked deck when you also consider the fact that police are usually able to bring overwhelming numbers to clear a building, and are able to enter from multiple points. The military does not have all these luxuries.

I'm not sure I would recommend this for most military, barring planned operations. For police, I think it is one of the better methods to use in dealing with barracaded suspects or hostage situations.

Jack
Law Enforcment

Post by Jack » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:52 pm

You definitely need to train and be ready to use both. Their could easily be situations where stealth and dynamic would be appropriate.

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:46 am

Jake wrote:One thing I will through out there is a methodical search.

This is more often what a stealth search turns out to be. This is the type of search you do slow. You pie corners, call people out of rooms before you enter and possibly use sheilds. You communicate by voice comands between operators, and possibly use mirrors. You are not using stealth and you are not going dynamic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdy-sPaT ... re=related
Example of calling people out of rooms in a methodical search @ 0:43.
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus

Eduard666

Post by Eduard666 » Wed May 27, 2009 9:51 pm

What about explosive entry? :twisted:

Dramatikk

Re: New entry technique

Post by Dramatikk » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:47 pm

What kind of entry technique are these guys teaching in the beginning of the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6svLjjm1C7k

Watch at 00:17.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:41 am

Well .. It could be a 3 man version of this: http://www.cqb-team.com/4manpenetration.htm
http://CQB-Team.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/CQBteam
Tactical education and motivation.training info for the soldier that wish to learn the art of CQB.

badger

Post by badger » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:09 pm

I heard about this type of room entry from guys from German SEK (dont remember what city). The main goal is dominating from the middle of the room to the sides.

Dramatikk

Post by Dramatikk » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:30 pm

Thank you both for answering, but why the need for one of the operators to drop to the floor? What kind of advantage does that give the team?

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:43 am

To become a smaller target maybe, but that wouldn’t make sense in such a dynamic entry, he might just be a clumsy man that stumbled.
Accucly I’m having trouble believing that this is training for real situations, but just something for television.
Tactical education and motivation.training info for the soldier that wish to learn the art of CQB.

Dramatikk

Post by Dramatikk » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:48 pm

Actually, this video come from a security firm called SIG Uganda. What was shown in this video was ment to be part of a documentary about lifa as a security contracter. Unfortunatly both of the white men you saw in this video are now both sentenced to penalty by death. This video is part of a documentary that never was.

Dramatikk

Post by Dramatikk » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:40 pm

Is the entry method that these guys is using, the "israeli limited"?

Kind regards, Dramatikk. :)

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:18 pm

It is already in the tactical trainer, but nice find ;-)

Dramatikk

Post by Dramatikk » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:43 am

Thnx for the reply, Admin.

At 0:19, what type of room entry method is this? Never seen such entry before ... :o

Kind regards, Dramatikk. :)

Return to “CQB entry tactics / room clearing”