Checking behind doors

Forum to discuss CQB entry tactics / room clearing, with other registered users.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Ryan

Re: Checking behind doors

Post by Ryan » Fri May 25, 2012 1:25 am

I was thinking about this... when I see videos of teams checking behind the initial entry door after or during the clearance of the room.

If you slam it, wouldn't that tell you whether there was someone behind it? I mean it would bang against their body and bounce back at you instead of fully 'closing-in' with the wall itself.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

jimothy_183
Military
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Checking behind doors

Post by jimothy_183 » Fri May 25, 2012 11:08 am

Depends on howyou are opening the door. Sometimes you can only push the door open but not continue pushing it with your entire body mass behind the force until it hits something (either a wall or a BG).

semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “CQB entry tactics / room clearing”