The best entry technique

Forum to discuss CQB entry tactics / room clearing, with other registered users.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Dramatikk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The best entry technique

Post by Dramatikk » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:45 pm

About the JDF picture and their stances, It can be hard to determend because they seem to all be on the move. The first thing that caught my eye was the surface they are training on. In order to effectivly use the well know "Rolling walk", the surface needs to be relativly flat. In this case the surface is "wobbly" and because of this you can not take short steps when you move.

Talking about stance. It looks like a boxing stance, a very solid stance. I only use this stance when I am shooting the bigger calibers. One thing is for sure, you gonna need some strenght to push that guy over when using a solid boxer stance. 8)

Ryan

Re: The best entry technique

Post by Ryan » Fri May 25, 2012 5:04 am

Necropost:
This topic was awesome. Very interesting...
I would think the best technique would be entirely due to what type of room and how many threats.
For common situations I really would choose the baseline of angular search to buttonhook, cross or both.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “CQB entry tactics / room clearing”