why clear forward is Operator 3?

Forum to discuss CQB entry tactics / room clearing, with other registered users.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

mrsmallbee

why clear forward is Operator 3?

Post by mrsmallbee » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:33 pm

"External stairs are primarily are located on a main superstructure. The best method for clearing stairs is with a four man clearance team. The standard operating procedure is as follows: Left, right, forward, and back. Operator ❶ always clears left, operator ❷ always clears right. Operator ❸ in the stack clears forward. Operator ❹ clears back. This way 360 degrees of security is maintained."
i see this form http://cqb-team.com/tactical_trainer.php

Breacher01

Re: why clear forward is Operator 3?

Post by Breacher01 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:16 am

The best method i can think of is one team from the bottom and a second team from the top. turned(i.e. 1 full turn per floor) are best avoided when you suspect they are guarded.

External stairs specifically are best covered from an opposing position with a good view of the staircase. Thats my opinion.

As for your question you have 4 men, and the side you came from is unofficially cleared. Then its best to have 50% of your available eyes and firepower to the part you haven't "cleared" yet. the last man has a clear line of fire to the back, the first man has a clear line of fire in front, whats left is someone to focus on the parts not cleared and out of focus of the men facing front and back(1 and 4), so #2 doesn't puts all his focus on the obvious spots. therefore #3 can also focus in front, because the blind spots of 1 and 4 are covered, and the threat is most likely ahead.

i hope this makes sense.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:40 am

Lmao, Admin wrote this. He won't let us rewrite the TT.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:33 am

Its no religious document is it?

As threats and gear advance, tactics can only follow, there is no way but forward.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:47 am

mrsmallbee wrote:"External stairs are primarily are located on a main superstructure. The best method for clearing stairs is with a four man clearance team. The standard operating procedure is as follows: Left, right, forward, and back. Operator ❶ always clears left, operator ❷ always clears right. Operator ❸ in the stack clears forward. Operator ❹ clears back. This way 360 degrees of security is maintained."
i see this form http://cqb-team.com/tactical_trainer.php
When he wrote this it was in regards to open-top stairwells, not closed. And because of the lofts and attics, balconies, and secondary landings, in many of the buildings in his country. Take it with a pinch of salt, find out the best way for your team. I think he was trying to suggest that you push through the gap of #1 and #2.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:11 am

If you say the following (quoted) from the first page of a Tactics & Techniques manual, I think its wrong not explain the subject when someone has a question.
Use the left menu to navigate around this site. Please use the CONTACT form if you have any questions or the FORUM if you wish to discuss a topic.
Discussion doesn't mean rewriting the book. Maybe it can use some editing every once in a while. Geopolitics and Gear are always being changed of even better, improved.

I think I've made my point.

Return to “CQB entry tactics / room clearing”