The '45-90-180' Limited Entry Technique for Pair Room Entry

Forum to discuss CQB entry tactics / room clearing, with other registered users.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

DareTactical

The '45-90-180' Limited Entry Technique for Pair Room Entry

Post by DareTactical » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:28 am

Here is an excerpt from the "MANUAL DE COMBATE URBANO CONVENCIONAL PARA UNIDADES
DE INFANTERÍA DE MARINA", the Urban Combat Manual for the Mexican Marines, which I was made aware of thanks to Ryan.
Obviously it is in Spanish but I may upload a translation later with the help of google.

It shows what is known as the '45-90-180' limited entry technique being used for pair room entry, making this the first official military document I've seen displaying this very up to date room entry technique. (Note: The manual only seems to recommend this entry to be used for pair room entry, and when a fireteam size entry team is available, immediate entry is taught to be used.)

This method is what I have been mentioning for a while and was also independently theorised by Max Velocity in his post from December 2014, 'Tactical Clearance: An Alternative CQB Technique' (link: http://www.maxvelocitytactical.com/2014 ... technique/)

It is interesting that the Mexican Marines are the first large scale military force to officially have adopted this exact technique (IDF Limited Entry is slightly different), looks like they are ahead in fireteam level urban tactics when compared to some other militaries (ehemm... UK, US, France).

Pair approaches closed door. No.2 moves to other side of door so that their is one operator on either side.
No.1 acts as the breacher and attacks the hinges or lock (if needed).
No.1 then returns to original position.
45-90-180(A).PNG
45-90-180(A).PNG (99.96 KiB) Viewed 9111 times
No.1 Opens door (in this example, door swings into the room). Pair cross-cover so that they can clear as much of the deep corners as possible from the doorway. (This is the '45')
45-90-180(B).PNG
45-90-180(B).PNG (67.88 KiB) Viewed 9111 times
Pair then pies off, clearing most of the room from the outside until they are (or are almost) shoulder to shoulder, directly facing the doorway, looking into the room. (This is the '90').

They then move into the room simultaneously (or near simultaneously if the doorway is too narrow) facing away from eachother, clearing the deep corners as soon as they pass the threshold. (This is the '180').
Once they have cleared the deep corners they sweep the room again from this position and identify any further potential threats (such as another doorway in the room).
45-90-180(C).PNG
45-90-180(C).PNG (230.94 KiB) Viewed 9111 times
"train hard, fight easy"

DareTactical

Re: The '45-90-180' Limited Entry Technique for Pair Room En

Post by DareTactical » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:39 pm

Any thoughts? :mrgreen:
"train hard, fight easy"

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:16 am

DareTactical wrote:Any thoughts? :mrgreen:
I became aware of this post-Guzman raid. Friends contacted me with it after recognizing that they essentially used a limited entry on every door they hit and did so successfully (especially if you ignore the online banter about it). I would say that this qualifies as a 45-90-180 or something similar.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Sat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm

I always ask for my pizza to have as many slices as possible, because I can't get enough slices.

Limited entry while facing likely or actual opposition is not a cqb technique, its basic survival instinct.

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Sun May 28, 2017 4:50 am

Breacher01 wrote:I always ask for my pizza to have as many slices as possible, because I can't get enough slices.

Limited entry while facing likely or actual opposition is not a cqb technique, its basic survival instinct.
Well said!
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Return to “CQB entry tactics / room clearing”