CQB Room Clearing "The Right Way"

Forum to discuss CQB entry tactics / room clearing, with other registered users.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

tacticalguy

CQB Room Clearing "The Right Way"

Post by tacticalguy » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:30 pm

I'm not going to say what I don't like about this video, I'll let you all figure it out. If no one tumbles to it in 48hrs, I'll post my thoughts.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Ryan

Re: CQB Room Clearing "The Right Way"

Post by Ryan » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:34 am

I suppose the word "right" is very varied. Because I personally see this as fucking wrong. In fact, not only wrong... but so counter to survival, the sole objective of this self-appointed prepper, that I really question his ability to weigh up and select methods for his audience. It seems like he just went straight to, "What do the Army do?" and Jesus Christ he looked up an old "drill" that has limited use. Heck, don't be surprised... the Army do it badly. And he does it badly, and his followers praise the badness.

SURVIVAL IS YOUR GOAL?

This is what survival looks like using immediate entry or obsolete US methods such as Battle Drill 6.

The assault element, D Company, got f-cked!
You really think a small group of survivors want to run into a room against a threat and get fucked themselves?

No.

Let me point out some of his errors:
1. Weapon ALL THE WAY DOWN during the breach. His partner rams the door and his weapon is still down. The door is opening and his weapon is still down. It also takes too long to come up.
2. He starts moving straight away. Micropause to engage from the door.
3. He fails to engage from the door towards a threat he can see from outside.
4. He fails to engage while moving into the door and his position, towards a threat he can see throughout the entire process.
5. He fails to clear his hardcorners, as does his partner.
6. He target fixates aiming only at the threat.
7. He thinks two rounds will get rid of an immediate problem.
8. His partners weapon comes down after shooting and he looks around frantically. This is not a good search and assess.
9. He is wearing sunglasses indoors.
10. He looks like an Amish gone Rambo. He also sounds like he's trying to know what he's talking about. He doesn't.

Let me point out some of the good stuff he did, probably without realizing:
1. He starts off on the strong-side of the door.
2. He has a reactionary gap to engage immediate threats before entering.
3. He shoots the threat at least, I mean that's better than ignoring it or going corner-first.
4. He says it's clear, that's tactical guys... right?
5. He talks about some good points but you have to be very selective.
6. He comments below the video stating there are new and better methods, essentially saying he wasted his time. At least he can admit it's shit.

This douchebag hid my comments, deleted them and ignored my replies or follow-ups to other people. A tactical douche loves censorship.

"Evasion is always the best bet..."

Continues to teach immediate entries into unknown areas, running into a room blindly.

"This is a center-fed..."

Then talks about one entry for a center-fed, like there is a 'center-fed entry' which makes me thinks he has only consulted Airsoft forums, where they discuss concepts like this. Of course, absolutely wrong.

"We're not going in one at a time..."

Technically you are, even if you're right behind each other. Your own video even demonstrates this.

"You're going to clear this corner..."

You didn't do that in your video, buddy.

"You wanna stay out of the fatal funnel..."

Fallacy. We know this. He doesn't.

"Points [of Domination]..."

Yeah he taught Opposing Corners. Amazing. He taught to run into a room, over-penetrate it and expose yourself past the midway point of the room.
Slow clap.

"The first guy through the door..."

Will probably be shot dead using this method.

"You need to practice this stuff..."

No shit but I betcha this guy will lead down the argument of 'practice makes perfect', even in the face of obvious avoidable errors from the technique itself.
You can practice shooting upside down to perfection, it does not mean it will work in reality.
An example is practicing IVs on an IV arm to perfection. Then you get a patient sideways, entrapped, and you find it hard working on your side to get an IV.

"A high-low crisscross..."

Okay. I'm done.
I'm out.
I quit.
:lol:
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

tacticalguy

Re: CQB Room Clearing "The Right Way"

Post by tacticalguy » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:08 am

Ryan wrote:I suppose the word "right" is very varied. Because I personally see this as fucking wrong. In fact, not only wrong... but so counter to survival, the sole objective of this self-appointed prepper, that I really question his ability to weigh up and select methods for his audience. It seems like he just went straight to, "What do the Army do?" and Jesus Christ he looked up an old "drill" that has limited use. Heck, don't be surprised... the Army do it badly. And he does it badly, and his followers praise the badness.

SURVIVAL IS YOUR GOAL?

This is what survival looks like using immediate entry or obsolete US methods such as Battle Drill 6.

The assault element, D Company, got f-cked!
You really think a small group of survivors want to run into a room against a threat and get fucked themselves?

No.

Let me point out some of his errors:
1. Weapon ALL THE WAY DOWN during the breach. His partner rams the door and his weapon is still down. The door is opening and his weapon is still down. It also takes too long to come up.
2. He starts moving straight away. Micropause to engage from the door.
3. He fails to engage from the door towards a threat he can see from outside.
4. He fails to engage while moving into the door and his position, towards a threat he can see throughout the entire process.
5. He fails to clear his hardcorners, as does his partner.
6. He target fixates aiming only at the threat.
7. He thinks two rounds will get rid of an immediate problem.
8. His partners weapon comes down after shooting and he looks around frantically. This is not a good search and assess.
9. He is wearing sunglasses indoors.
10. He looks like an Amish gone Rambo. He also sounds like he's trying to know what he's talking about. He doesn't.

Let me point out some of the good stuff he did, probably without realizing:
1. He starts off on the strong-side of the door.
2. He has a reactionary gap to engage immediate threats before entering.
3. He shoots the threat at least, I mean that's better than ignoring it or going corner-first.
4. He says it's clear, that's tactical guys... right?
5. He talks about some good points but you have to be very selective.
6. He comments below the video stating there are new and better methods, essentially saying he wasted his time. At least he can admit it's shit.

This douchebag hid my comments, deleted them and ignored my replies or follow-ups to other people. A tactical douche loves censorship.

"Evasion is always the best bet..."

Continues to teach immediate entries into unknown areas, running into a room blindly.

"This is a center-fed..."

Then talks about one entry for a center-fed, like there is a 'center-fed entry' which makes me thinks he has only consulted Airsoft forums, where they discuss concepts like this. Of course, absolutely wrong.

"We're not going in one at a time..."

Technically you are, even if you're right behind each other. Your own video even demonstrates this.

"You're going to clear this corner..."

You didn't do that in your video, buddy.

"You wanna stay out of the fatal funnel..."

Fallacy. We know this. He doesn't.

"Points [of Domination]..."

Yeah he taught Opposing Corners. Amazing. He taught to run into a room, over-penetrate it and expose yourself past the midway point of the room.
Slow clap.

"The first guy through the door..."

Will probably be shot dead using this method.

"You need to practice this stuff..."

No shit but I betcha this guy will lead down the argument of 'practice makes perfect', even in the face of obvious avoidable errors from the technique itself.
You can practice shooting upside down to perfection, it does not mean it will work in reality.
An example is practicing IVs on an IV arm to perfection. Then you get a patient sideways, entrapped, and you find it hard working on your side to get an IV.

"A high-low crisscross..."

Okay. I'm done.
I'm out.
I quit.
:lol:
Wow, brother. I'll give you a minute to get your breath back. Nice summation. I wasn't aware that you had commented on his stuff. I just saw this one yesterday and thought, "This ragbag looks ate up like a soup sandwich."
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Return to “CQB entry tactics / room clearing”