"Tactical Trainers" teaching Dynamic Entry for Home Invasion

Forum to discuss CQB entry tactics / room clearing, with other registered users.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

DareTactical

"Tactical Trainers" teaching Dynamic Entry for Home Invasion

Post by DareTactical » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:26 am

So I came across this video the other day.

These guys are teaching dynamic entry techniques to civilians for dealing with what I assume are home invasion type scenarios.
Honestly, I would be very worried if someone I cared about was being taught this to deal with home invasions.
"train hard, fight easy"

Ryan

Re: "Tactical Trainers" teaching Dynamic Entry for Home Inva

Post by Ryan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:25 pm

The talk of a tactical con artist... but really... just the talk of someone trying to teach what civilians would see as amazing.

"This is a pretty advanced drill"

"This is super advanced stuff"

To whose standard? Definitely not fucking mine.
This all looks pretty darn basic.
It reminds me of celebrities taught be advisers and they are "wowed" by basic tactical information.

Then they blank out the instructor. He must be tacticool special special Delta Ranger SEAL forces to be blurred so heavily.
Don't understand this too much. Seems like marketing. Could be wrong, not trying to be a dick.

Now, Dare. I have heard of many 'well known' tactical instructors suggest this. It's embarrassing. They seem to think that dynamic entry means an immediate entry and that there is no better way. It scares me. Look up some of the home defense videos out there, some are very... very dodgy.

The guy who runs ICE. Rob Pictcus or something. He makes lots of videos I like, he goes through lots of concepts that makes sense. Great information. I once asked him on a Facebook subforum if he recommends dynamic entries and he basically said no. Call police and wait. BUT if you had to enter then pie it off. Tick. How does the guy in the video differ from this opinion?

Is he going by TRADITIONAL Military standards? At first I thought he was an ex-Marine. On his website, doesn't seem so. So probably learnt it from an ex-Marine.
Kaching?
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:59 pm

Ryan wrote:The guy who runs ICE. Rob Pictcus or something.
Close, Rob Pincus. ;)
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus

DareTactical

Post by DareTactical » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:27 pm

Ryan wrote:The talk of a tactical con artist... but really... just the talk of someone trying to teach what civilians would see as amazing.

"This is a pretty advanced drill"

"This is super advanced stuff"

To whose standard? Definitely not fucking mine.
This all looks pretty darn basic.
It reminds me of celebrities taught be advisers and they are "wowed" by basic tactical information.

Then they blank out the instructor. He must be tacticool special special Delta Ranger SEAL forces to be blurred so heavily.
Don't understand this too much. Seems like marketing. Could be wrong, not trying to be a dick.

Now, Dare. I have heard of many 'well known' tactical instructors suggest this. It's embarrassing. They seem to think that dynamic entry means an immediate entry and that there is no better way. It scares me. Look up some of the home defense videos out there, some are very... very dodgy.

The guy who runs ICE. Rob Pictcus or something. He makes lots of videos I like, he goes through lots of concepts that makes sense. Great information. I once asked him on a Facebook subforum if he recommends dynamic entries and he basically said no. Call police and wait. BUT if you had to enter then pie it off. Tick. How does the guy in the video differ from this opinion?

Is he going by TRADITIONAL Military standards? At first I thought he was an ex-Marine. On his website, doesn't seem so. So probably learnt it from an ex-Marine.
Kaching?
From what I've found, he runs a construction business and conceal carry and tactical training seems to be a hobby and a recent new venture of his. I don't dispute that he might be a 'qualified' concealed carry instructor, but it seems his CQB / room clearing techniques need a lot of work and thought. I think you're right Ryan, he definitely learnt these techniques shown from someone who was in the military (can't say if he learnt it from a US Marine or not, since they all use similar methods AFAIK). I guess he must have assumed that a fireteam / section size immediate entry could be applied to one man. Military Way = Correct Way... or so he mustve thought. The dynamic immediate entry is used to assault a room, so using this would make you the attacker, which I don't think is appropriate for home invasion / self defense scenarios. I guess a lot of people like the look of these entries and falsely assume that anyone who teaches this must know their shit, because "the military uses it". Honestly, he should stick to conceal carry tips and leave the room clearing to Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch, or Gabe Suarez. Those guys know what their doing, and more importantly; know what they're teaching others!
"train hard, fight easy"

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:07 am

DareTactical wrote:I don't think is appropriate for home invasion / self defense scenarios. I guess a lot of people like the look of these entries and falsely assume that anyone who teaches this must know their shit, because "the military uses it". Honestly, he should stick to conceal carry tips and leave the room clearing to Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch, or Gabe Suarez. Those guys know what their doing, and more importantly; know what they're teaching others!
And now I understand why there was an "Offensive" vs "Defensive" CQB term going around. When you're in the business with people like this I suppose that's the best way to educate them.

"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:48 pm

Okay, first time watching the video from this "instructor", I was struck by a couple of things. First, he likes the camera. He likes the attention and I'm sure that's why he's gotten into concealed carry classes and now, this. He feels like he's "opening" people's minds with his "awesomeness" and expertise. Second, when he demonstrates "running the walls", he does an immediate entry and right hook down the wall. Then, he demonstrates charging into the center of the room. Honestly, if I were the home invader in that scenario, I would be on my knees on the other side of the bed, in a two handed shooting position supported on the bed. I'd shoot him in the stomach and then, in the head. In both of his entries. As to his calling the two man entry that was demo'ed at the start "advanced", he might have been referring to the fact that they were using live ammo for the demo. In his concealed carry classes, that would be an advanced technique, compared to everything else. Many concealed carry classes here in the U.S. don't require you to live fire more than 10 rounds to receive your class completion certificate and they show no movement techniques, at all.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:47 am

If "Advanced" =/= live ammunition, I =/= cringe.

DareTactical

Post by DareTactical » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:08 am

Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch. Ex- US Marine, Vietnam veteran.
Now this is what a tactical training video is suppose to be like!

"train hard, fight easy"

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:57 am

Ryan wrote:If "Advanced" =/= live ammunition, I =/= cringe.
Yup. Thus, our collective estimation that his "effort" is VERY cringe-worthy.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Tue May 10, 2016 5:21 am

Just a quick update: the video that DT posted, which started this thread, is no longer view-able by the public. LMAO.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed May 11, 2016 1:47 am

Rest in Peace!

Return to “CQB entry tactics / room clearing”