Fighting from the Door Problems

Forum to discuss CQB entry tactics / room clearing, with other registered users.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Ryan

Fighting from the Door Problems

Post by Ryan » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:44 am

I have noted a few problems when fighting from the door (limited entry). I was wondering if anyone has solutions.

1. Pushing a closed door open (corner-fed) to an immediate threat - front. Engage. Door slams off wall and comes back, rounds hit off it, ricochet, hides combatant. Any solution? NOT a self-closing door. Just banged against the wall.

Post up more problems here and we'll see what we can think of.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Ryan

Re: Fighting from the Door Problems

Post by Ryan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:25 am

2. Furniture on the wall. Or I'm outside and there is a railing blocking me from going to the side of the door.

I mean right where I need to be to see my 45's. How cope?!
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:12 pm

1: I never looked at this as a problem.
2: People's houses are alot different from shooting houses. there's furniture, pets, lots of windows and a hole lot of artificial light. Also people sometimes collect a lot of junk in their homes. This also isn't really a problem, its reality. CQB and urban warfare in practise are very different from the theoretical side.

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:33 am

Ryan wrote:2. Furniture on the wall. Or I'm outside and there is a railing blocking me from going to the side of the door.

I mean right where I need to be to see my 45's. How cope?!
Depends. Dynamic entry and damn the noise? Or am I trying to be quiet first? If I'm going dynamic and I have whatever I need? Det-cord for the railing and a breaching charge on the door on clackers. 1-2. Flashbangs through the doors and windows.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:33 am

I personally never seen any shooting houses with people hiding in a kitchen cubbard, under the bed, maybe floorboards or even door that lead outside when you think you are entering a room(ok, bad intel, it happens).

Shooting houses rarely have hidden rooms, and if they do you often have knowledge before doing the shooting drill. shooting houses are great for a team to practice comm's, hand signals all sorts of drills, but were never ever meant to prepare anyone for the real, It is extremely useful to practice your teamwork and protocols in a shooting house, and get prepared not to flinch in some default instances like live fire, hot casing in your clothes, explosions etc.

I can only speak for myself, but when I enter a residence of which I've studies the floor plans, entry method and plan for clearing I never think about how to cross a doorway I know isn't cleared yet.

PS: a doorway of an "unknown" room, opening to the inside has about the width of a ballistic shield(we have the Safariland ones with 2 BRIGHT LED's on them), and an "unknown" room opening to the hallway can be blocked by one or more shoes. Please think about these two next time you need to pass a door. not you 45's...

Return to “CQB entry tactics / room clearing”