Colour System to Room Entry

Forum to discuss CQB entry tactics / room clearing, with other registered users.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Ryan

Colour System to Room Entry

Post by Ryan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:23 am

This is a system I once thought of. Sharing is caring so here goes:
"Black - ROOM IS UNSAFE EVEN AFTER RED ENTRY OR DEEMED TOO UNSAFE TO ENTER. PULL OUT. Conduct a Stand-off Attack from distant with HMG, GMG, AT, vehicles and other assets. Enemy runners are to be engaged or captured; all exit points are to be covered if possible ("No Clear").
Red - ROOM IS UNSAFE TO ENTER OR FIGHT THROUGH. CONTESTED ROOM. Grenades and other HE ordnance used to clear. Limited entry (or limited incursion) techniques utilized. If still unclear then may be designated as black as ground situation dictates ("Hard Clear").
Orange - ROOM IS POTENTIALLY UNSAFE WITHOUT ENTRY AID. Noise-flash distraction device utilized under caution to enter room or safely allow a limited entry before immediate entry occurs or for an immediate entry to occur taking the known risks after an expedient risk-benefit analysis in an emergency entry.
Green - ROOM IS CONSIDERED CLEAR. NON-CONTESTED ROOM. Civilians may be present. Entry as per SOP. If engaged on a green entry, the team commander is to decide whether or not to fight through or escalate the awareness to a different entry type of disengagement ("Soft Clear")."
Thoughts?

I believe conditions need to be set. For example what is deemed too unsafe to enter? Too many bad guys compared to entry team? Explosives, PPIEDs, CWIEDs, etc?
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

tacticalguy

Re: Colour System to Room Entry

Post by tacticalguy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:34 pm

Yellow - Room is occupied with at least one hostage/HVT and one or more BGs. EXTREME care when using aimed fire in the hostage/HVT's direction is HIGHLY advised. Flashbangs are supported, Frags and HE are NOT.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:09 am

TG, you've done and done it again! :lol:
I must admit this was tailored towards "green side" operations, hostages didn't cross my mind.

"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:17 am

Ryan wrote:TG, you've done and done it again! :lol:
I must admit this was tailored towards "green side" operations, hostages didn't cross my mind.
*bows gracefully* Thank you, thank you! I'll be here all week. Tip your waiters and try the fish, it's fresh! *looks toward the band* Play me off, Charlie?
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:17 pm

How would you use this during a job? Green glowsticks work, but I don't like the idea of skipping rooms and progressing past possible hostiles.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:51 am

Breacher01 wrote:How would you use this during a job? Green glowsticks work, but I don't like the idea of skipping rooms and progressing past possible hostiles.
It can be a verbal or visual system. I was thinking more verbal. You don't want the team to go in? You see too many people fumble words and shout "NO NO NO!" or something non-commanding. I think "BLACK" is a good tacword instead of something like "no no no don't enter!". And because the colour matches to the level of threat, it matches to the use of force. But heck, it could go cluster in a real contact.

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:41 am

Black is also a color used to describe a suspects appearance and or position. If you only hear 'black' and there's chatter you might look for a suspect wearing black, or is behind an actual black door. maybe you should pick colors not often used to describe colors of skin, clothing and or furniture.

just a hint, we don't use a lot of English words, only when there is no real clear alternative in my native language(which is quite common). Most words we use are very specific lingo to the unit's and theres even a small difference between MoD and Police personnel. while the unit is made up of both.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:40 am

Breacher01 wrote:Black is also a color used to describe a suspects appearance and or position. If you only hear 'black' and there's chatter you might look for a suspect wearing black, or is behind an actual black door. maybe you should pick colors not often used to describe colors of skin, clothing and or furniture.

just a hint, we don't use a lot of English words, only when there is no real clear alternative in my native language(which is quite common). Most words we use are very specific lingo to the unit's and theres even a small difference between MoD and Police personnel. while the unit is made up of both.
Good points.

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:49 am

I'm looking forward to your solution :wink:

mrsmallbee

Post by mrsmallbee » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:51 pm

Breacher01 wrote: just a hint, we don't use a lot of English words, only when there is no real clear alternative in my native language(which is quite common).
what is your native language?

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:02 am

Dutch or Nederlands.

Return to “CQB entry tactics / room clearing”