Comment on Hallway Technique: The Blast

Forum to discuss CQB entry tactics / room clearing, with other registered users.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryan

Comment on Hallway Technique: The Blast

Post by Ryan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:39 am

The blast, the lower formation pictured.

You push past the opening leaning more towards speed rather than security. It is named after the same technique for obstacle or linear danger area crossings where you "blast" the road by running straight across it. Note: Side plates should be in.

Seen in this gif.

Comments?
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Breacher01
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Comment on Hallway Technique: The Blast

Post by Breacher01 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:25 pm

When you have intelligence or vital area's you have to reach fast/first it sometimes helps to run past doors/corridors or whatever, but make sure you run first, not last.

Clearing systematic room by room is much safer because you know everything behind you is cleared. But if your objective demands speed over security then thats too bad.
Security is something you sacrifice when you work in these situations.

tacticalguy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by tacticalguy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:52 am

This looks somewhat like the Active Shooter protocols that we teach here in the U.S. In-line movement to the obvious threat. I'm not always a big fan of that concept, however. I like to know that I'm not leaving a threat behind me. If you're in a school shooting situation, where you know that the school protocol is that all classrooms are locked down, immediately? Yeah, I can see doing that. In a shopping mall Active Shooter situation? The Westgate Mall in Kenya? Nope. Clearing every single opening. Even if I have to wait for someone else to walk the line with me.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Bodyguard

Post by Bodyguard » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:07 am

Isnt this technique also called "blow-through"? Might be something to consider in hostage rescue scenarios.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:40 am

Bodyguard wrote:Isnt this technique also called "blow-through"? Might be something to consider in hostage rescue scenarios.
Blow-by, blow-through. Same things AFAIK.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Return to “CQB entry tactics / room clearing”