Pinning the Door

Forum to discuss CQB entry tactics / room clearing, with other registered users.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Ryan

Pinning the Door

Post by Ryan » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:46 am

What are the best ways to pin a door?

Example at the start of this video, looks risky:
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Breacher01

Re: Pinning the Door

Post by Breacher01 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:31 pm

I think the 2 guys pinning their own side of the doors in the beginning is the best way. they don't have to use devices, just their bodies. This way they pin the doors exactly as long as they need, and never take their hands off their guns.

Do you know a better way? besides blowing off the hinges?

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:52 am

Breacher01 wrote:I think the 2 guys pinning their own side of the doors in the beginning is the best way. they don't have to use devices, just their bodies. This way they pin the doors exactly as long as they need, and never take their hands off their guns.

Do you know a better way? besides blowing off the hinges?
Blowing off hinges is gold standard, lol.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:30 am

It also costs money to replace, breaching shells and a 12g, makes a lot of noise and has the possibility to injure people. Literally blowing off hinges can only be done while entering. You want the whole door out of the way, so a shaped breaching charge covered in bitumen is the best option.

All tactics, devices and dangers these 2 guys circumvent by just placing their bodies to the double doors just as long as they need. weapons ready, no time wasted, no specific devices or knowledge required. Its really a good option the way I see it. they even have maximum visibility and firing angles into the corridor they are passing.

Breaching charges are fun, but quite dangerous to anyone involved, and blowing up the door and most windows of a building is often quite costly if you cant get a conviction, and the party renting out the building will often go to court for damages done. Also I hate standing right in front of of a door, looking through glass or a letterbox to see absolutely no one is behind the door, without a weapon at hand because i have to hold my visor from scraping or bumping the door and with the other hand holding the letterbox open or covering my sight from streetlights outside.

What kind of assignments do you do?

Return to “CQB entry tactics / room clearing”