J Hook

Forum to discuss CQB entry tactics / room clearing, with other registered users.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryan

J Hook

Post by Ryan » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:59 am

Can anyone explain what a J-hook is and the difference between that and a buttonhook if there is one at all?
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

AidanMacc
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: J Hook

Post by AidanMacc » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:20 am

I talked to a CQB instructor on YouTube and he says that a "J Hook" is just another term for Buttonhook. And the term J Hook is mainly used in Law Enforcement literature but very uncommon everywhere else. And he says their might be a difference between a buttonhook and a J hook because he says a buttonhook is more like a "C" shape, rather than a "J".

That's the best answer I can give you at this point in time :D

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:59 am

That's because that was me. :P Ryan. For short: Rye. For internet: Ryeable/Ryean1.

"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

AidanMacc
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by AidanMacc » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:05 pm

hahahahaha lol, I had a sneak feeling it was you :lol:

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:45 am

J hook?

Return to “CQB entry tactics / room clearing”