Best Things to Keep Your Attention During Entry

Forum to discuss CQB entry tactics / room clearing, with other registered users.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Ryan

Best Things to Keep Your Attention During Entry

Post by Ryan » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:19 am

In room entry I define three major areas to focus on for me include:

1. People

Humans are threats. Eyes on hands. Weigh up their behaviour and demeanor. Secure all potentials (i.e. Military Aged Males).

2. The Room Space

By room space I mean the space you work around, your working space: coaches, tables, plants and plant pots, wardrobes, bookcases and other household furniture. This can also be specific to location, for example objects in a school, drug lab or hospital will be completely different, and usually need some work arounds.

3. Lead-On Areas

Anything that leads off what you have cleared, and is unclear, is a danger. This could be an auxiliary like a closet, a doorway, a window, a loophole or opening.

What are your main focus areas during entry?
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

jcheng14
Civilian

Re: Best Things to Keep Your Attention During Entry

Post by jcheng14 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:46 am

Same as you, but slightly more nuanced. Weapons, particularly weapon orientation. Layout of the area. Lead on areas too, but also how the room will funnel people into certain pathways or shooting angles. I guess that's kind of like your second point. I've found over thousands of reps that angles and timing together are the most important factors.

Plague

Post by Plague » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:20 am

I was taught a very basic five step procedure that applies to every room yet to be cleared:

1. Clear the doorway. (traps, i.e.d.s, etc.)
2. Clear the immediate area. A 5m radius from the door going into the room. (Best done by limited pen/pieing off the door before making entry.)
3. Clear "your" corner.
4. Sweep your sector of fire,
5. While establishing your dominant position.

The simple and effective american method.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:03 am

Plague wrote:I was taught a very basic five step procedure that applies to every room yet to be cleared
All these are good to see and especially good to see limited penetration techniques being a priority. Are there any changes on target rooms or those with known combatants inside? My attention then slows, for example, and focuses primarily on ENGAGEMENT ANGLE, PEOPLE, OBJECTS (COVER/DEAD GROUND).
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Return to “CQB entry tactics / room clearing”