Rich Graham on Doors

Forum to discuss CQB entry tactics / room clearing, with other registered users.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryan

Rich Graham on Doors

Post by Ryan » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:04 am

CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

tacticalguy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rich Graham on Doors

Post by tacticalguy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:49 am

Right around 2:50, when he's demonstrating opening the from the hinge side, I didn't like that. I understand what he's saying that it allows you to see what's closest to the wall on the door knob side. I'm just not comfortable with that, though. I would prefer to be on the knob side, open the door, step back and pie the whole opening. Or do it with two people. With flash-bangs.
Actually, it's interesting, The premise is that this is you, in your home, defending yourself. He says the reason to stand to the side of the door is to avoid the fatal funnel. Then, he says that if you're dealing with someone that knows what they're doing, they're going to shoot "waist and ankles", to the side and that you should be in front of the door. So, which should you be afraid of, in your own home? Facing an amateur/s? Or professional/s? That question leads down another rabbit-hole of exploration. If you're having to worry about professionals assaulting your home, you're either on the wrong side of the law or you're 007. If you're "Bond. James Bond" I don't think you need this training.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:22 pm

That's funny you mention that because I talked to Rob Pincus about his home defense courses and if he thought teaching some "Military" methods and/or understandings for civilians such as corner vs center fed and then how to pie-off either and he disagreed, he said no. He said clearing is for Police. Interesting thoughts. You're right though, a 'professional' probably wouldn't hit your house unless you were very much wanted for something. :lol: Therefore criminal? Or it could be on the basis of those 'Armageddon Government gunna take my baby!' type of people. At the same time Cartels and many other criminal organizations out there that spread into America and surrounding countries have ex-soldiers as apart of their groups, even ex-Special Forces such as the Zetas. They're very much operating at a level above common criminality, with soldiers on their backs and training in place.

"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

tacticalguy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by tacticalguy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:57 pm

I guess it all depends on where you live and what you might be facing.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

seal236

Post by seal236 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:40 am

I actually taught this with Rich. The students were learning both personal security as well as they are being trained as a security force to conduct clears etc.
Tactical Guy:
Opening a door from the hinge side: What you didn't see is we were simulating that there was a wall on the far side of the door, and you can not get on the far side without standing in the doorway.

As fas as someone who is 'trained' as in a bad dude in your house. Information is everywhere you can learn a lot online + When you go fist to cuffs with someone they could be trained and you might loose so you train to fight people who are trained right? Why when we put a firearm in someones hand should we not train to the same standard? Not every perp is a trained assassin but who knows.

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:52 am

seal236 wrote:I actually taught this with Rich. The students were learning both personal security as well as they are being trained as a security force to conduct clears etc.
Tactical Guy:
Opening a door from the hinge side: What you didn't see is we were simulating that there was a wall on the far side of the door, and you can not get on the far side without standing in the doorway.

As fas as someone who is 'trained' as in a bad dude in your house. Information is everywhere you can learn a lot online + When you go fist to cuffs with someone they could be trained and you might loose so you train to fight people who are trained right? Why when we put a firearm in someones hand should we not train to the same standard? Not every perp is a trained assassin but who knows.
No offense meant to you or Rich. Everyone trains differently. It's all good. :)
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:07 am

Rich is a cool guy. Didn't know you worked with him Seal. Beards stick together, huh? ;)

Return to “CQB entry tactics / room clearing”