Parallel Entrance Drill

Forum to discuss CQB entry tactics / room clearing, with other registered users.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Ryan

Parallel Entrance Drill

Post by Ryan » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:11 am

Parallel Entrance Drill.

CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Dramaticus

Re: Parallel Entrance Drill

Post by Dramaticus » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:41 am

Hmm ... All that I can think about when I see this video is "blue on blue"!
Formerly known as, Dramatikk.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:42 am

They're pretty strict on their lanes of fire but in reality of course, if there's a contact right in front of you; especially one which is mobile. It's also a three man modified version of the Israeli Limited Entry which I found interesting in which the first man deals with immediate front threats as the second and third deals with the obliques and corners.

But they do such drills to counter friendly fire risk such as the "scanner module". A bunch of cardboard targets and hostage targets around each other in close range each with a number. You have pieces of paper in front of you with the number written on it, you flip them from left to right one at a time. First number, find and engage that number from the 2x2meter box you are in. Therefore you are front-on to the threat always but finding angles of fire where it will penetrate the threat and not other threats and hostages within, next to, behind, in front or around it. You have to shoot the threat without hitting a hostage or other threat - it has to be a clean through and through. That's a good drill, and one similar drill mentioned by Paul Howe when he was in Delta Force encompassed numerous 5% shots on threats in between hostages and live Delta operators in which your round had to go through the target and still be safe with no risk to the hostages, so that included a lot of positioning such as sidestepping before engaging to get a better angle of attack and muzzle line, of course this is sketchy because you cannot tell where the round will go where it meets bone and flesh.

I fully agree Dramatikk.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

seal236

Post by seal236 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:53 am

Fucking stupid...

What if there is a wall/ desk/ file cabinet that changes your angle?
Last I checked bullets travel through people too...

Not many people standing one place and take rounds until they die... 17 rounds if I counted correctly one time. Just like when you shoot a deer and they move until the brain box is turned off or until the heart has no more blood to pump.

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:32 pm

Agree with seal. I understand all about dynamic entries and simultaneous entries. Yes, you want to paralyze the enemy but, that was a little too crazy for me. All you would need is one person stumbling across the entry way and one of the good guys could be riding home in a box from FF. Nope. I won't be teaching that technique.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Return to “CQB entry tactics / room clearing”