Comments on Entry Technique: Lateral Bound Snap Entry

Forum to discuss CQB entry tactics / room clearing, with other registered users.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Ryan

Comments on Entry Technique: Lateral Bound Snap Entry

Post by Ryan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:19 am

The "Lateral Bound Snap Entry" was created by the same guys (or should that be guy?!) who made High Threat Limited Entry (HTLE) - High Threat Systems LLC. Also known as simply... a lateral entry.

"The lateral entry is vastly superior to the direct to threat entry. Two guns can get in the fight; shots are drawn away from the breach point, etc... Guys have studied this and it decreased the chance of #1 being hit and keeps the #2 from catching the same rounds."

As videoed here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=159965700818224 ...

I moved this to its own topic because it's a component of Running the Rabbit but I'd rather have specific discussion on it here, reference:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1325&p=4140#p6793 &
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1325&p=4140#p6462 ...
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

jimothy_183
Military

Re: Comments on Entry Technique: Lateral Bound Snap Entry

Post by jimothy_183 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:54 am

Looks like a hybrid of the traditional technique and limited penetration to me.
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:25 am

jimothy_183 wrote:Looks like a hybrid of the traditional technique and limited penetration to me.
Admin said the same thing but it's good to see friendly competition, if not a slightly modified - maybe even "modernized" approach through a hybrid version. Conceptual principles of HTLE: Cover and/or concealment from the doorjamb, bounding movement initiated, snapping onto the threat in a 'pocket' zone, splitting operators and getting the trigger time away from #2 man. Corner-fed demonstrated is obviously an advantage to this technique with limited corners to clear; though the entry and room width I believe demonstrate it at a lesser level because with more space you can be faster and get further into the room without coming to a barricade or obstacle as depicted in the video when he brushes up against the wall.

"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:39 am

Lateral entry (modified) seen here 0:30...

Engages hardcorner threat and moves laterally. Moving towards the threat puts you in a linear fight line and thus an "easier" target, stationary or not. Problems? You push far into the room and over-penetrate creating many opening angles for yourself and onto yourself. Any comment on lateral entries generally?

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:31 am

Robb

Post by Robb » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:55 am

Is this basically 'Running the Rabbit'?

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:02 pm

Yes, it's like RTR. I think RTR is harder to teach because some guys still get hogtied on charging the room after #1 man (an immediate entry). I find this to be more focused on fighting from the space, as soon as you get a visual (for #2 man). But if you teach RTR "right" it's basically RTR yes. The "snap" part is specific for snapping around from the doorjamb and engaging threat (a limited entry).

Return to “CQB entry tactics / room clearing”