Perfect Example of the SAS Principles

Forum to discuss CQB entry tactics / room clearing, with other registered users.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Perfect Example of the SAS Principles

Postby Ryan » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:53 am

Speed, Aggression, Surprise. Perfect concoction for immediate entry.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=aaf_1498698332
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."
Ryan

Re: Perfect Example of the SAS Principles

Postby Breacher01 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:05 am

Can you please defend your statement, because whe have a dead suspect and a child hostage here? Beyond this one source i mean?

My job still requires me to get the suspect alive and in front of a judge in most cases. In my military days i would decide to kill, wound or arrest a suspect. now the decision goes to a judge. Preserving life, even of suspects/criminals is my main purpose. Thats why i have a number of less-then-lethal options at my disposal.

If i would kill a suspect i will have to defend my actions in front of a commitee. consequences are mild because i have about 0.3 seconds to decide, but reflect on my active status.
Breacher01

Postby Ryan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:17 am

I'd have to point the finger to an American, I cannot defend that this is good in Law Enforcement. I can only defend that this is a good example of an immediate entry hitting all of those principles. Australia is completely different. Hardly, if ever, does this occur (a good recent example of it occurring is the Brighton siege, Melbourne).
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."
Ryan

Postby tacticalguy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:33 am

Breacher01 wrote:Can you please defend your statement, because whe have a dead suspect and a child hostage here? Beyond this one source i mean?

My job still requires me to get the suspect alive and in front of a judge in most cases. In my military days i would decide to kill, wound or arrest a suspect. now the decision goes to a judge. Preserving life, even of suspects/criminals is my main purpose. Thats why i have a number of less-then-lethal options at my disposal.

If i would kill a suspect i will have to defend my actions in front of a commitee. consequences are mild because i have about 0.3 seconds to decide, but reflect on my active status.

I can defend it. This was an SAS operation. It wasn't law enforcement, it was a military op. As you will no doubt remember, there are different goals for military units as opposed to law enforcement units.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)
tacticalguy

Postby Breacher01 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:18 pm

I can defend it. This was an SAS operation. It wasn't law enforcement, it was a military op. As you will no doubt remember, there are different goals for military units as opposed to law enforcement units.

No one is named McNab, and they speak murrican. Its Las Vegas PD SWAT units.

Considering they know there's likely one suspect they scream a lot. They are bordering losing unit cohesion because of the amount of excess yelling. Can any of you make out of the audio fragments who is in charge and who is sharing critical information?

I've watched both videos a few times, and maybe its because I do this as a dayjob, but I think its only a perfect example of using excessive force to achieve a goal.

By the way, I've been active in the military since the first tours in afghanistan. Even in heavy combat facing opposition at less then a hundred yards communication should be absolutely relevant at squad and platoon level. Radio's only come in simplex or duplex...
Breacher01

Postby tacticalguy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:16 am

Breacher01 wrote:

No one is named McNab, and they speak murrican. Its Las Vegas PD SWAT units.

Considering they know there's likely one suspect they scream a lot. They are bordering losing unit cohesion because of the amount of excess yelling. Can any of you make out of the audio fragments who is in charge and who is sharing critical information?

I've watched both videos a few times, and maybe its because I do this as a dayjob, but I think its only a perfect example of using excessive force to achieve a goal.

By the way, I've been active in the military since the first tours in afghanistan. Even in heavy combat facing opposition at less then a hundred yards communication should be absolutely relevant at squad and platoon level. Radio's only come in simplex or duplex...

You're correct, it was LVPD SWAT. I shouldn't be posting while half asleep.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)
tacticalguy

Postby Breacher01 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:35 am

Your sins are forgiven...
Breacher01

Postby tacticalguy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:02 am

Breacher01 wrote:Your sins are forgiven...

Thank you, sir.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

tacticalguy

Return to CQB entry tactics / room clearing