Limited vs Immediate Video

Forum to discuss CQB entry tactics / room clearing, with other registered users.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Ryan

Limited vs Immediate Video

Post by Ryan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:30 am

CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Robb

Re: Limited vs Immediate Video

Post by Robb » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:04 pm

I had a feeling you were gonna share this here before me, Ryan :lol:

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:09 am

Robb wrote:I had a feeling you were gonna share this here before me, Ryan :lol:
2fast4u
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Alfa47

Post by Alfa47 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:14 pm

One man limited entry? Fair enough lol.

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:28 pm

What a load of crap... "...Choosing the right side everytime"

What? i can see trough walls sometimes, but there needs to be a window, doorway or other hole present. those work 2 ways...

running in to a room occupied by opposition alone and just hugging the wall left or right at random seems high stakes gambling to me. Maybe with an banger and a shield...

Sin

Post by Sin » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:21 pm

One man clearing is risky business but sometimes you need to do what needs to be done. If you ever find yourself in a situation where lone wolf clearing is the only option to secure the objective, these guys' techniques seem better than the alternative (dynamic entry). Could've been cleaner, but I'd say he hit the basics on all fronts.

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:36 pm

As a general rule an average firearm hold 15 rounds. 3 rounds are enough to kill, 1 may be enough to disable you.

In this video it seems obvious the 'bad guy' has such a good advantaged position he may be able to take out 4 men entering. if there's large furniture around it may be more then 4 disabled by this one shooter.

Without distraction, and/or ballistic shields this situation may be beyond any number of men's ability to clear the room until the 'bad guy' runs out of bullets.

You just can not clear 180 degrees of a room without mirrors or other aids, from 1 door frame. IT CANT BE DONE.

Sin

Post by Sin » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:31 pm

Eh I disagree with you (respectfully ofcoarse). A weapons lethality isn't measured by an average number of rounds, engage until the target goes down and stays down. And one-man clearing anything other than a corner-fed room sucks, but it can be done. The chances of getting hit are just a hell of a lot higher.

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:41 pm

In what way do you not agree a (hand)gun's lethality/firepower or capacity to kill or wound is not directly related to its magazines capacity(and caliber)?

With a derringer one can't kill many people, even if its was .50 cal. A Glock 18 with a drum magazine has the potential to injure or kill many more people.

And one-man clearing of rooms can of course be done, but you need to live long enough to clear a room. If there is one armed and alert person in a room, and you enter alone, clearing the wrong side first chances aren't in your favor. I would only undertake such a risky move if I knew family was in immediate danger, and there won't be any form of back up or other tactical advantage.

Obviously you're allowed to respectfully disagree with me, but for the sake of discussion it would be nicer if you could support your opinion with 'facts' or reasoning.

So please feel free to disagree with me some more, and reply to my question.

Regards.

Return to “CQB entry tactics / room clearing”