Civilian contractors

Forum to discuss all related topics on private contractors.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

civiliansheepdog

Civilian contractors

Post by civiliansheepdog » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:16 am

Are civilian contractors mostly hired based on their combat experience especially if you're in a military unit or in the special forces? If for example, I'm a civilian who is a security analyst(computer security) but don't have any military experience, but I have other skills that is like "military qualified", like know how to use and handle a firearms efficiently, took tactical training courses, had "street experience", physically fit, lock pick, and etc. Pretty much self learn on tactical techniques and procedures to say.

Sorry if it's a dumb question, just had to ask. Thanks

Ryan

Re: Civilian contractors

Post by Ryan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:34 am

If you're putting together a team, you want a mixture of skills. Apart of Admin's goals with this group is to help find jobs - to an indirect degree - for contractors. We used to have a "CV" section for those interested. I believe MIL is a great quality, but judge by individual to individual. SF is getting there, again by individual, but they tend to be the best characters for simply... warfare. It depends on the task. You don't want some silly idiots with MIL exp or not BG'ing an Engineer on a bridge repair, dam job or whatever.

I'm sure jobs have their requirements, like you say firearm handling. Some people have been known to do it on the job, no joke. "Alright lads, taking you to a range, here's the safety, here's semi" - you can even see it on some documentaries if you look it up. LE on the other hand were wanted in Iraq because of civilian issues, arrests and so on were on the rise. Just some thoughts...
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

civiliansheepdog

Post by civiliansheepdog » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:49 pm

Yeah I've seen some documentaries about the example you mentioned. So I guess my super assassins skills don't count then hahaha, I kid I kid. Thanks for the info I will look around.

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:44 am

Just noticed this post. I've trained some guys who ended up working for companies like Armor Group and the like. Yes, most of them are hunting for guys with a military background, for one simple reason. When someone yells, "Incoming!" They want to know your first instinct isn't to look around and try to figure out what's happening. That's why although there are some guys working as contractors with little or no military backgrounds, just LE or security, there aren't many.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:16 am

Most are Pakistani, Indian etc., western ex military personnel who have been deployed are high in demand, but low in stock.

you don't want to hire cowboys, but disciplined vets mostly stay away from these jobs. I won't work with an IT Security Analyst with time spent at a shooting range. How someone will react under heavy stress is unpredictable, that's one of the worst risks you can easily avoid. People who moved up the ranks in a military or special police unit are more likely to act under stress and maybe can get your collective asses out of trouble. regular military of conscripted soldiers are also questionable under stress or direct fire.

I may do contracts when my assignment stops, but most of the firms are pretty much crap, and even now a danger to anyone involved i hear from mates who did secure oil lines etc. If it were up to me the Iraqi's and Afghani's just defend enterprises from abroad as good as they can, because that's the only way they will get any economy up and running again.

Return to “Contractors”