Introduction-New Members Post your Intro Here:

You must make an introductory post in the stickied thread in WHO ARE YOU. This needs to be done on your first post. Its to tell the rest of the members who it is that they're talking to, so give 'em some info. Fill out your profile completely. Failure to do so will result in banning. We're not asking for your lifestory, just some information about you so we know who it is that's posting.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

BrotherPatriot

Re: Introduction-New Members Post your Intro Here:

Post by BrotherPatriot » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:46 am

I am a divorced Father of three who is closing out my fourth decade in life. I have been involved with martial arts since 1978.Interested in more mental and spiritual aspects these days
I am neither Light nor dark but where the two converge there I am.

MFF374SF

Post by MFF374SF » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:14 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am 48 years old, having spent 28 years in the US Army (Special Forces), retired now and I am a high school teacher and just trying to keep up my skills as much as possible as age creeps up on me.

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:33 am

Hey Guys! Im Nate Knudtson from Minnesota (USA) Im apart of an airsoft team here, I love to play airsoft, hang out with friends, and fish.

I work full time as a forklift operator, and am 20yrs old.

A little about myself...I have always been a huge fan of the military especial the Marine Corp, unfortunately I was never able to join, as I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes...So I have to be satisfied with the thought that "not everyone can become a Marine" LOL

Anyway, I also work weekends as a part time Photographer, shooting sports primarily as well as a few weddings on the side....So all my money goes into either camera equipment, or airsoft :)

Well, theres my lil intro...and hope to see you all on the forums!

~Nate

civiliansheepdog

Post by civiliansheepdog » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:15 am

Finally decided to join this forum. At first I was intimated because it seems this forum is directed to mostly people in the military services or special forces, but just decided to join anyway, hahah. A long time martial artist, recently got into combatives, always had this warrior mentality and always had this philosophy that everyone is a warrior/soldier, doesn't matter if you're in the armed forces or not. I actually saw this link from the integrated close combat forum. So yeah just another civilian sheepdog.

civiliansheepdog

Post by civiliansheepdog » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:32 am

Thanks for the welcoming. No worries about the intimidation hahaha. The "intimidation" I'm referring to are the military or special forces people in this forum. Not in a bad way but good way that I have respect for them. But so far I haven't seen any keyboard warriors so it's always a good thing hahah. I hope to learn and gain as much knowledge in this community. thanks

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:48 am

Don't worry man. I'm a civ and I've been here since day one but no one has harped on me yet. 8)
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:38 pm

jimothy_183 wrote:Don't worry man. I'm a civ and I've been here since day one but no one has harped on me yet. 8)
Harp, harp, harp. :mrgreen: Seriously, welcome to the forum, new members. This is a good place to discuss the truths, half-truths and outright lies that are floating around out there.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:57 am

lol TG you never fail to deliver. :lol:

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:41 am

jimothy_183 wrote:lol TG you never fail to deliver. :lol:
Awww... *scuffs his toe in the dirt, modestly..." :oops: :lol:
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

TLS

Post by TLS » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:23 pm

G.day. i am TLS. My background is - 13yrs service with the military (infantry), 10 yrs service with law enforcement, 7 of those within the tactical unit. I stumbled across this sight whilst surfing the net and some of the articles and powerpoints caught my eye.
Thanks for having me aboard.

Cheers TLS

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:38 pm

TLS wrote:G.day.
Do you love a sunburnt country?

TLS

Post by TLS » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:47 pm

Too right, got enough sun damage to prove it.

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:51 pm

Good on ya. :wink:

perrin123

Post by perrin123 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:59 am

Hello

I am currently employed at my local Sheriff's office as a deputy...been on the dept for 4 years.

4 months ago I got on out TRT...Tactical Response Team...our version of SWAT

No milatry exp..and my 1st law enforcement job.

34 years old.

also part of our depts Crash Reconstruction Team...

Spindrift

Post by Spindrift » Fri May 24, 2013 8:05 pm

Hi all. I'm 31, living in Norway.
Background:
Served a few years in a light infantry unit, mainly tasked with CQB. Upon leaving as a rifle platoon 2IC in 2009 I joined our "equalent" of the national guard as a platoon 2IC, later platoon leader.

I'm a EMT-Paramedic, and work as a Tactical Trauma Life Support instructor for a Danish company on the side of my civvie day job. I also instruct on EMT-B and EMT-I as well as assorted trauma modules.

On the civvie side, I have worked in the private security (low risk) for a few years, I have worked with Embassy security, and have experience from the maritime security business.

-Spindrift

roughneck

Post by roughneck » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:14 pm

Hello all:
Retired Military-31B, 4 years as a Security contractor, Currently Public safety director for a Hospital complex. I have some experience with being downrange and being part of battle staff. Last 8 I served on Staff assignment for S-3/G-3. I felt I would drop my ruck here for a while and see what the scenario looked like!

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:12 am

To the last several people that have joined the site, WELCOME! You'll find a few veterans in here, too. Jump into the discussions and have fun! :)
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

mjwalls

Post by mjwalls » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:38 pm

Howdy, my name is Martin. I have a pretty extensive CV that I keep pretty private for security reasons but I'm glad I found this site. I'll be finishing a book on this subject in a few weeks covering many of the topics covered here. I've seen many teams that rely too much on too little which limits their own capabilities. There's not many people willing to openly share their experience within this subject (fear?) and I have felt for a very long time that this subject matter has been neglected because of the lack of sharing; let's change that.
What I will share is this:
I've been involved with Building Entry Clearing Strategies & Tactics since 1994. I was trained by one of the top commanders in the nation (at least at the time! :lol: ) and involved with several operations inside the United States and US Territories. I now have a full time job doing other work but still train teams on a contract basis. I won't be able to be continually on here but will be back from time to time to check things out and look forward to reading other peoples experiences while sharing some of mine.
If you're not willing to die for the convictions you have are you really convicted to live? ~mjwalls

RBROWN

Post by RBROWN » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:16 am

Hello, I'm retired military and have been a LEO since. With the positive attitude of when is something going to happen, not IF. I am constantly thinking and planning. It has been a while since I have made a live entry and that's a good thing, So, I found this site and would like to refresh and learn new tricks. My goal is to go home at the end of my shift and ensure my fellow LEO's do the same.

mindosa

Post by mindosa » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi, I am 29 years old, and I am 11 years in military.And also I am interesting in CQB.

Return to “Who are you?”