Patrolling Structures

Issues relating to good tactical leadership and planning can be found here.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryan

Patrolling Structures

Post by Ryan » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:06 am

A page out of a well-written manual I thought I'd pin here. Patrolling structures are often an under-rated but vital component to operations. It's like teaching formations - it's fine to teach double column, column; whatever - but understanding the reasoning around it, the differing types and in's and out's really goes far. I.e. breaking contact from a line is a baseline break contact as opposed to center peel.

What not to do:
- Follow each other like ducks with identical spacing
- Bunch up... especially at corners and natural points you slow at

CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Ryan

Re: Patrolling Structures

Post by Ryan » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:24 pm

CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Leadership, General Discussions”