Tactical diagramming 2

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

jcheng14
Civilian

Post by jcheng14 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:31 pm

In terms of the OP, i would probably just have a team cover the back door and the entry team in front. Approach from the right side..the wooden fence doesnt look like it would be much of a problem to kick down and there are no windows / sightlines from the house to that side.

Flashbangs through the windows at the same time the door is breached, go in hard. Reason I'd rather have only one point of entry is that in such a small confined area multiple points of entry that are opposite each other is not a good idea when the potentiality of weapons fire is high. If you could breach from adjacent sides the added benefits might outweigh the risk. Rapid movement though a small enclosed structure requires quick reflexes. I know everybody trains on fire discipline but in my mind the greater possibility of a friendly fire incident or a split second hesitation too long at the wrong moment is more of a problem then an extra team would benefit.

Plus it is such a small space that you can control the area rapidly enough without utilization of a second team.

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:24 pm

What I find challenging about this house is the fact that the width of the hallway can only fit one man (from what I see at least). Obviously if you want to clear those two rooms your going to have some problems. I think that a good solution is to use a saturation technique on the front end of the house. That means having many operators just lining up in the hallway after making entry through the front door and getting the first two rooms cleared while operators behind will move on to clear the rest of the house after the first few operators have entered their rooms and are doing what they need to do.
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus

jcheng14
Civilian

Post by jcheng14 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:31 pm

Exactly my thought, except I think it would be possible to fit two at a time staggered. One on the left wall, one slightly behind to his right. Basically, two stacks.

Ryan

Re:

Post by Ryan » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:51 am

birddog wrote:jimothy, I say start off with the basic ones first......A favorite for all SWAT and CQB operators.......HOME INVASION of a crack house !
:lol: Curtains closed, one TV on in the front room, one couch and a few chairs, five stoned idiots on and around that couch. :P
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Return to “Reconnaissance”